San Luis Obispo
California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo
California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo (Cal Poly San Luis Obispo) is located in Central California and has a campus enrollment of over 20,000 students. Cal Poly San Luis Obispo is a highly selective, comprehensive polytechnic university, guided by a "Learn by Doing" approach. Cal Poly San Luis Obispo has six colleges, with an emphasis on undergraduate programs.
The campus has farm and ranch land, orchards, a 14-acre vineyard, an aero hangar and a state-of-the-art performance arts center and facilities in Architecture, Engineering and Science.
Cal Poly San Luis Obispo offers many opportunities to enrich the lives of their students both on and around the campus.
Below are samples of what this campus offers: To learn more about Cal Poly San Luis Obispo, clicks on the link below.
- Clubs and Organizations - Video: Cal Poly San Luis Obispo Overview
- Community Involvement - Video: Cal Poly San Luis Obispo Virtual Tour
- Outdoor Adventures
- Sports and Recreation
Getting around: Cal Poly San Luis Obispo students can ride the city bus (SLO Transit) at no cost! The rate for the regional or county bus can purchased as a reduced rate for students.
Information for Exchange StudentsCampus Information
- Academic calendar dates: Click here to view the most recent calendar under "Quick Links" or visit the campus website.
- Campus-based fees charged to student: Fees for some courses, depending on the course, may be charged (e.g. lab fees).
The majority of lecture courses will not require additional fees. Fee amounts and fees charged are subject to change.
- Campus health insurance charged to student: Estimated cost varies per quarter, and is between $410 to $560 per quarter. Cost is subject to change.
- Housing: Click here to view campus housing information.
- Transportation: Click here to view information about transportation.
- Minimum English proficiency score requirements: Click here to view.
- Minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) to apply: 2.50 (based on 4.0 scale) or equivalent.
Impacted (Closed) and Restricted (Limited) Subject AreasImpacted (Closed) Subject Areas which are not available to exchange students: Animal Science (ASCI); Agribusiness (AGB); Art and Design (ART); Education (EDUC); Music (MUS).
Restricted (Limited) Subject Areas where limited places are available and are highly competitive: Aerospace Engineering (AERO); Architecture (ARCH); Business (BUS); Civil and Environmental Engineering (CE); Communication Studies (COMS); Computer Engineering (CPE); Computer Science (CSC); Economics (ECON); Graphic Communications (GRC); Journalism (JOUR); Mechanical Engineering (ME); Psychology (PSY); Wine and Viticulture (WVIT).
Impacted and restricted subject areas are subject to change at any time.