San Luis Obispo
California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo
Celebrating over 110 years, California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo (Cal Poly San Luis Obispo) is a highly selective, comprehensive polytechnic university, guided by a "Learn by Doing" approach. Located on 6,800 acres on the Central Coast of California, Cal Poly has six colleges, with an emphasis on undergraduate programs.
The campus has farm and ranch land, orchards, a 14-acre vineyard, an aero hangar and a state-of-the-art performance arts center and facilities in Architecture, Engineering and Science.
Cal Poly San Luis Obispo offers many opportunities to enrich the lives of their students both on and around the campus. Below is a sample of what this campus offers:
- Clubs and Organizations
- Community Involvement
- Outdoor Adventures
- Sports and Recreation
Getting around: Cal Poly San Luis Obispo students can ride the city bus (SLO Transit) at no cost! The rate for the regional or county bus can purchased as a reduced rate for students.
Information for Exchange Students
- Location description: Located in a large town (population 25,000-75,000)
- Campus enrollment: Over 20,000 students
- Minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) to apply: 2.00 (based on 4.0 scale) or equivalent.
- Campus health insurance charged to student: Yes. Estimate cost varies per quarter, and is between $410 to $560 per quarter. Cost is subject to change.
- Other campus-based fees charged to student: Fees for some courses depending on the course may be charged (e.g. lab fees). Fee amounts and fees charged are subject to change.
- Minimum English proficiency score requirements: Click here to view.
- Academic calendar dates: Click here to view the most recent calendar or visit the campus website.
Impacted (Closed) and Restricted (Limited) Subject AreasImpacted (Closed) Subject Areas which are not available to exchange students: Animal Science (ASCI); Agribusiness (AGB); Education (EDUC); Music (MUS).
Restricted (Limited) Subject Areas where limited places are available and are highly competitive: Aerospace Engineering (AERO); Architecture (ARCH); Art & Design (ART); Business (BUS); Civil and Environmental Engineering (CE); Communication Studies (COMS); Computer Engineering (CPE); Computer Science (CSC); Economics (ECON); Graphic Communications (GRC); Journalism (JOUR); Mechanical Engineering (ME); Psychology (PSY); Wine and Viticulture (WVIT).
Impacted and restricted subject areas are subject to change at any time.