California State University, Stanislaus
California State University, Stanislaus (CSU Stanislaus), blends modern facilities with the pastoral charm of the countryside. The university enjoys an ideal location in the heart of California's Central Valley,a short distance from the San Francisco Bay Area, Monterey, Big Sur, the Sierra Nevada mountains and the governmental hub of Sacramento. The 228-acre campus is located in the city of Turlock;a community that prides itself on its small-town atmosphere, clean living space, excellent schools and low crime rate. The campus itself is a beautiful, park-like setting in an environment conducive to learning. Shaded by hundreds of trees and graced by ponds, trickling streams and waterfalls, the picturesque campus offers moments of peace and relaxation to busy students, faculty, staff and members of the community who actively participate in the learning-centered activities sponsored by the institution.
CSU Stanislaus is an exceptional public university that, because of its student-friendly size and commitment to excellence, is able to offer all the benefits of a private education. CSU Stanislaus offers baccalaureate degrees in the liberal arts, sciences, business and education, as well as teaching credentials, master's degree programs, and other professional studies.
CSU Stanislaus operates on a semester system. One semester is equivalent to .50 of an academic year. Two semesters are equal to one academic year. To view academic calendar dates, refer to the campus website or the CSU Campus Calendar found on the CSU Overview webpage located here.
Information for Exchange Students
- Location description: Located in Central California in or near a small/medium city (population 75,000-300,000)
- Campus enrollment: Over 9,000 students
- Students accepted: Degree-seeking students nominated by exchange partners. Students must be undergraduate students or graduate students who are willing to accept an undergraduate placement. Graduate student placements are not available at this campus.
- Length of Exchange: Students may study for one or two semesters.
- Minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) to apply: 2.00 (based on 4.0 scale) or equivalent.
- Campus health insurance charged to student: No, unless student does not have required coverage.
- Other campus-based fees charged to student: Fees for some courses depending on the course may be charged (e.g. lab fees, field trips). Fee amounts and fees charged are subject to change.
Minimum English Proficiency Score Requirements
- Minimum scores for ETS TOEFL (Internet-based scores): 61
- Minimum scores for IELTS: 6.0
Impacted/Closed and Restricted Subject Areas
- Impacted/Closed Subject Areas (which are not available to exchange students): Education (all areas); Nursing (NURS).
- Restricted/Limited Subject Areas (limited places are available and are highly competitive): Currently there are no restricted subject areas.
Impacted and restricted subject areas are subject to change at any time.