San José State University
San José State University (SJSU) is a major, comprehensive public university located in downtown San Jose—the heart of Silicon Valley. SJSU is the oldest public institution in the Western U.S. and the founding school in the California State University System. Its distinctive character has been forged by its long history, its location and by its vision—a blend of the old and the new, of the traditional and the innovative. SJSU takes pride in and is firmly committed to teaching and learning, with a faculty that is active in scholarship, research, technological innovation, community service and the arts.
San José State University is the top provider of engineering, science and business graduates to Silicon Valley, the world's high tech capital. San José State University offers 134 degrees in 110 concentrations with renowned programs in Engineering, Business, Education and other areas. SJSU remains among the top public comprehensive universities in the West, and its College of Engineering is counted among the top 15 schools in the nation offering bachelor's and master's degrees.
SJSU offers many opportunities to enrich the lives of their students both on and around the campus. Below is a sample of what this campus offers:
- Clubs and Organizations
- Global Connections
- Outdoor Adventures
- Sports and Recreation (with Aquatic Center)
Information for Exchange Students
- Location description: Located in Central California in or near a major city (population 300,000 or more)
- Campus enrollment: Over 32,000 students
- Minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) to apply: 2.50 (based on a 4.0 scale) or equivalent.
- Campus health insurance charged to student: Yes. Estimate cost is $795 for the fall semester and $1095 for the spring semester. Cost is subject to change.
- Other campus-based fees charged to student: Fees for some courses, depending on the course, may be charged (e.g. lab fees). Fee amounts and fees charged are subject to change.
- Minimum English proficiency score requirements: Click here to view.
- Academic calendar dates: Click here to view the most recent calendar under "CSU Quick Links" or visit the campus website.
Impacted (Closed) and Restricted (Limited) Subject AreasImpacted (Closed) Subject Areas which are not available to exchange students: Education (EDCO); Graphic Design (DSGD); Industrial Design (DSID); Interior Design (DSIT); Nursing (NURS); Occupational Therapy (OCTH).
Restricted (Limited) Subject Areas where limited places are available and are highly competitive: Business (BUS); Civil Engineering (CEE); Computer Engineering (CMPE); Computer Science (CS); Design Studies (DSGN); Radio-Television-Film (RTVF).
Impacted and restricted subject areas are subject to change at any time.