San Francisco State University
San Francisco State University (San Francisco State) is located in Northern California and has a campus enrollment of over 29,000 students. Founded in 1899, San Francisco State is committed to preparing students for international positions in the global marketplace of commerce and ideas. Located in the world-class City of San Francisco, it offers degrees in over 200 academic majors. The campus is located within easy reach of public transportation that connects it with all parts of the city and surrounding areas.
San Francisco State’s College of Business is the largest college at the university. The College of Science & Engineering operates three field stations on the San Francisco Bay and coast and works closely with the Academy of Sciences in Golden Gate Park and the San Francisco Zoo. The College of Liberal & Creative Arts comprises 25 departments and prides itself for having produced Academy Award winners, best-selling authors and internationally acclaimed artists and musicians. The College of Health & Social Sciences serves the present and future needs of society in the professional fields associated with health, human and community services. San Francisco State has the only College of Ethnic Studies in the United States.
San Francisco State offers many opportunities to enrich the lives of their students both on and around the campus.
Below are samples of what this campus offers: To learn more about San Francisco State, click on the link below.
- Student Leadership Opportunities - Video: San Francisco State Overview
- Clubs and Organizations
- Student Activities & Events
- Tutoring and Academic Support Center
- Campus Recreation
Information for Exchange StudentsCampus Information
- Academic calendar dates: Click on this link to view the most recent calendar under "Quick Links" or visit the campus website.
- Campus-based fees charged to student: Fees for some courses, depending on the course, may be charged (e.g. lab fees).
The majority of lecture courses will not require additional fees. Fee amounts and fees charged are subject to change.
- Campus health insurance charged to student: Estimated cost is $1,020 per semester. Cost is subject to change.
- Housing: Click on this link to view campus housing information.
- Transportation: Click on this link to view information about transportation.
- Minimum English proficiency score requirements: Click on this link to view.
- Minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) to apply: 2.75 (based on 4.0 scale) or equivalent.
Impacted (Closed) and Restricted (Limited) Subject AreasImpacted (Closed) Subject Areas which are not available to exchange students: Apparel/Fashion Design and Merchandising (ADM); Broadcast and Electronic Communication Arts (BECA); Business Marketing (MKTG); Cinema (CINE); Computer Science; Design and Industry (DAI); Dietetics and Food Management (DFM); Education (all areas); Health Education (HED); Interior Design (ID); Journalism (JOUR); Nursing (NURS); Social Work (SW); Studio Art (ART), Kinesiology (KIN).
Restricted (Limited) Subject Areas where limited places are available and are highly competitive: Business (ACCT, FIN, HTM, IBUS, ISYS, MKTG); Chemistry (CHEM); Music (MUS).
Impacted and restricted subject areas are subject to change at any time.