San Diego State University
San Diego State University (San Diego State) is located in Southern California and has a campus enrollment of over 32,000 students. San Diego State is a major public research institution offering bachelor's degrees in 89 areas, master's degrees in 78 areas and doctorates in 21 areas. Classified as a research/doctoral university, San Diego State provides transformative experiences for its students, both inside and outside the classroom. Students participate in research, international experiences, sustainability, entrepreneurship initiatives, and a broad range of student life and leadership opportunities. The university’s rich campus life features opportunities for students to participate in, and engage with, the creative and performing arts, a Division I athletics program and the vibrant cultural life of the San Diego region.
San Diego State offers many opportunities to enrich the lives of their students both on and around the campus.
Below are samples of what this campus offers: For more information about San Diego State, click on the click below.
- Clubs and Organizations - Video: Aerial View of San Diego State
- Cultural Awareness Activities and Opportunities - Video: San Diego State Overview
- Community Involvement
- Outdoor Adventures
- Sports and Recreation (with Aquatic Center)
Information for Exchange StudentsCampus Information
- Academic calendar dates: Click on this link to view the most recent calendar under "Quick Links" or visit the campus website.
- Campus-based fees charged to student: Approximately $880 per semester. Fees for some courses, depending on the course, may be charged (e.g. lab fees). The majority of lecture courses will not require additional fees. Fee amounts and fees charged are subject to change.
- Campus health insurance charged to student: Estimated cost is $565 per semester. Cost is subject to change.
- Course syllabi: Prospective students can view the SDSU Syllabus Collection, available through the SDSU Library.
- Housing: Click on this link to view campus housing information.
- Transportation: Click on this link to view information about transportation.
- Minimum English proficiency score requirements: Click on this link to view.
- Minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) to apply: 2.5 (based on a 4.0 scale) or equivalent for undergraduate students.
Impacted (Closed) and Restricted (Limited) Subject AreasImpacted (Closed) Subject Areas which are not available to exchange students: Biology (BIOL); Communication (COMM); Education (EDU); Graphic Design (ART); Nursing (NURS); Television, Film and New Media Production (TFM).
Restricted (Limited) Subject Areas where limited places are available and are highly competitive: Business (BUS, FIN, MGT, MKT). Business students should plan to take courses from non-business areas to supplement their studies. Journalism (JMS).
Impacted and restricted subject areas are subject to change at any time.