California State University, Sacramento
California State University, Sacramento (CSUS, or Sacramento State), is located in high-tech Northern California, in California’s capital city. The campus is close to friendly neighborhoods, shops, parks and public transportation, and international students have access to the most sophisticated smart-classrooms, computer labs, software and interactive media facilities in California. Business Administration, Social Sciences, Communication/Journalism, English, Humanities, and Sciences are popular courses of study for exchange students. International students can live on or off-campus, become involved in campus life through more than 250 student clubs and organizations, or get practical work experience through a variety of internship programs. At Sacramento State, international students enjoy a uniquely American university experience.
Located ninety miles east of San Francisco, Sacramento is livable and affordable. The Mediterranean climate is sunny in the summer and mild in the winter. The intellectual community is vibrant and the student body is diverse. The university is safe, people are friendly and classes are small. Quality teaching and cutting-edge research are top priorities for our internationally-known faculty members. Everyone at Sacramento State is committed to teaching and learning, dedicated to excellence and takes pride in a high graduation rate with students moving on to successful professional careers and meaningful lives.
CSUS offers many opportunities to enrich the lives of their students both on and around the campus. Below is a sample of what this campus offers:
- Campus Life (Student Union)
- Clubs and Organizations
- Community Involvement
- Outdoor Adventures
- Sports and Recreation (with lap pool)
Getting around. CSUS students may ride all local (Sacramento Regional Transit) buses including the light by rail for a nominal fee through their registration fees.
Information for Exchange Students
- Location description: Located in Northern California in or near a major city (population 300,000 or more)
- Campus enrollment: Over 30,000 students
- Minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) to apply: 2.70 (based on 4.0 scale) or equivalent.
- Campus health insurance charged to student: Yes. Estimate cost is $675 per semester. Cost is subject to change.
- Other campus-based fees charged to student: Yes, approximately $105 per semester is charged. Fees for some courses, depending on the course, may also be charged (e.g. lab fees). Fee amounts and fees charged are subject to change.
- Minimum English proficiency score requirements: Click here to view.
- Academic calendar dates: Click here to view the most recent calendar under "CSU Quick Links" or visit the campus website.
Impacted (Closed) and Restricted (Limited) Subject AreasImpacted (Closed) Subject Areas which are not available to exchange students: Construction Management (CM); Education (EDU); Graphic Design (GPHD); Health Science (HLSC); Interior Design (INTD); Nursing (NURS); Photography (PHOT).
Restricted (Limited) Subject Areas where limited places are available and are highly competitive: Biological Sciences (BIO); Criminal Justice (CRJ); Kinesiology (KINS); Psychology (PSYC).
Impacted and restricted subject areas are subject to change at any time.