California State Polytechnic University, Pomona
California State Polytechnic University, Pomona (Cal Poly Pomona), nestled on 1,438 rolling acres on the eastern edge of Los Angeles County, ranks among the top public universities in the western United States and benefits from a richly diverse community that is reflective of the greater Los Angeles area. Cal Poly Pomona is comprised of approximately one-third Latino students, one-quarter Asian students and three percent black students, making it among the most diverse campuses in the nation. The university is also known for its experiential model of education, which provides students with opportunities to learn both inside and outside the classroom. This focus on actions and solutions makes Cal Poly Pomona graduates highly sought after by employers around the world.
Eight academic colleges offer more than 100 degree programs, including nationally recognized and highly rated undergraduate programs in Agriculture, Environmental Design, Hospitality Management and others.
Cal Poly Pomona offers many opportunities to enrich the lives of their students both on and around the campus. Below is a sample of what this campus offers:
Information for Exchange Students
- Location description: Located in Southern California in or near a large town (population 25,000 to 75,000)
- Campus enrollment: Over 22,000 students
- Minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) to apply: 2.75 (based on a 4.0 scale) or equivalent.
- Campus health insurance charged to student: Yes. Estimate cost is $500 per semester. Cost is subject to change.
- Other campus-based fees charged to student: Yes, approximately $850 per semester is charged. Fees for some courses, depending on the course, may also be charged (e.g. lab fees). Fee amounts and fees charged are subject to change.
- Minimum English proficiency score requirements: Click here to view.
- Academic calendar dates: Click here to view the most recent calendar under "CSU Quick Links" or visit the campus website.
Impacted (Closed) and Restricted (Limited) Subject AreasImpacted (Closed) Subject Areas which are not available to exchange students: Architecture (ARC); Communications (COM); Education (all areas); Engineering (ECE, EGR, ME); Graphic Design (ART); Psychology (PSY).
Restricted (Limited) Subject Areas where limited places are available and are highly competitive: Computer Science (CIS, CS); Music (MU).
Impacted and restricted subject areas are subject to change at any time.