California State University, Monterey Bay
California State University, Monterey Bay (CSU Monterey Bay) is located in Central California and has a campus enrollment of over 7,600 students. CSU Monterey Bay is located within walking distance to the shores of the beautiful Monterey Bay which provides an extraordinary opportunity to learn on a residential campus. CSU Monterey Bay students receive personal attention in small classes while pursuing their degrees. CSU Monterey Bay faculty and staff continue to build and explore innovative ways to meet the needs of a new generation of students while simultaneously powering the Monterey County economy.
With an uncompromising commitment to the success of every student, CSU Monterey Bay takes advantage of its small class sizes and talented teaching faculty to help students achieve their objectives. The faculty includes an American Book Award winner, three Fulbright Scholars, a MacArthur Fellow and numerous other grant and award winners. Along with CSU Monterey Bay’s excellence in instruction, faculty members dedicate themselves to mentoring students, and national researchers have recognized CSU Monterey Bay for its focus on student learning. CSU Monterey Bay’s commitment to maintaining the highest standards in higher education, combined with the stunning natural beauty of its environment, creates an unparalleled student experience.
Highlighted areas that are available to exchange students include Marine Science, Sustainable Hospitality Management, Cinematic Arts and Technology, Environmental Science, and Technology and Policy. This campus also offers service learning, undergraduate research and internship courses.
CSU Monterey Bay offers many opportunities to enrich the lives of their students both on and around the campus.
Below are samples of what this campus offers: To learn more about CSU Monterey Bay, click on the link below.
- Clubs and Organizations - Outdoor Adventures - Video: CSU Monterey Bay Overview
- Community Involvement - Sports and Recreation
Getting around: With a Student ID Card, CSU Monterey Bay students ride local public buses for free! Grocery stores, restaurants and nightlife are a short bus ride from the campus. CSU Monterey Bay also offers carsharing, rental bikes and/or motorized scooters.
Information for Exchange StudentsCampus Information
- Academic calendar dates: Click here to view the most recent calendar under "Quick Links" or visit the campus website.
- Campus-based fees charged to student: $250. Fees for some courses, depending on the course, may be charged (e.g. lab fees). The majority of lecture courses will not require additional fees. Fee amounts and fees charged are subject to change.
- Campus health insurance charged to student: Estimated cost is $600 per semester. Cost is subject to change.
- Housing: Click here to view campus housing information.
- Transportation: Click here to view information about sustainable transportation.
- Minimum English proficiency score requirements: Click here to view.
- Minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) to apply: 2.00 (based on 4.0 scale) or equivalent.
Impacted (Closed) and Restricted (Limited) Subject AreasImpacted (Closed) Subject Areas which are not available to exchange students: Nursing (NURS).
Restricted (Limited) Subject Areas which limited places are available and are highly competitive: Currently, there are no restricted subject areas.
Impacted and restricted subject areas are subject to change at any time.