California State University, Los Angeles
California State University, Los Angeles (CSULA) is located in the city of Los Angeles, on a 175-acre urban campus at the heart of the civic and cultural activities of California's largest city. Los Angeles has the distinction of being the entertainment capital of the world, at the center of the film, TV, and record industries and central to Pacific Rim economic and cultural activity. Two major freeways, several bus systems and a commuter rail station located on campus grant students easy access to nearby mountains, beaches, museums, cultural centers and major sports centers.
Students study with award-winning faculty through 115 degree programs and 60 majors in six colleges. CSULA’s Business and Engineering programs remain among the nation’s top undergraduate programs. CSULA’s culturally diverse community exemplifies the city’s rich history and promotes multiculturalism and diversity.
CSULA offers many opportunities to enrich the lives of their students both on and around the campus. Below is a sample of the campus offers:
- Campus Life
- Clubs and Organizations
Getting around: CSULA is linked to public transportation options with local and express bus lines offering discounts to students. Click here for more information about transportation.
Information for Exchange Students
- Location description: Located in Southern California, the campus is situated in the northeast corner of the city of Los Angeles which has a population of approximately 3.9 million.
- Campus enrollment: Over 27,000 students
- Minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) to apply: 2.50 (based on 4.0 scale) or equivalent.
- Campus health insurance charged to student: Yes. Estimate cost is $600 for the fall semester and $844 for the spring semester. Annual total is $1446. Cost is subject to change.
- Other campus-based fees charged to student: Yes, approximately $510 per semester is charged. Fees for some courses, depending on the course, may be charged (e.g. lab fees). Fee amounts and fees charged are subject to change.
- Minimum English proficiency score requirements: Click here to view.
- Academic calendar dates: Click here to view the most recent calendar under "CSU Quick Links" or visit the campus website.
Impacted (Closed) and Restricted (Limited) Subject AreasImpacted (Closed) Subject Areas which are not available to exchange students: Business Administration (ACCT, MGMT, MKT); Education (all areas); Nursing (NURS).
Restricted (Limited) Subject Areas where limited places are available and are highly competitive: Biology (BIOL); Criminal Justice (CRIM); Psychology (PSY); Social Work (SW); Television, Film and Media Studies (TVF).
Impacted and restricted subject areas are subject to change at any time.