Humboldt State University
Humboldt State University (Humboldt State) is located in Northern California and has a campus enrollment of over 8,000 students. Humboldt State is located in the town of Arcata and is the northernmost CSU campus. As an international student, you can explore this unique and richly diverse area while enjoying life in a vibrant college town located on the northwestern California coast. Humboldt State’s geographical setting, safe campus and academically excellent programs make it one of the most appealing schools in California.
Humboldt State is renowned nationally and internationally for its academic excellence, intensive research and unique programs. With a wide range of undergraduate and graduate programs, Humboldt State offers outstanding natural science and resources programs and excels in the areas of business, humanities and liberal arts. Humboldt State also prides itself in small class sizes, allowing students to receive personalized attention and support.
Humboldt State offers many opportunities to enrich the lives of their students both on and around the campus.
Below are samples of what this campus offers:
- Clubs and Organizations - Outdoor Adventures
- Community Involvement - Sports and Recreation
To learn more about Humboldt State, click on the link below.
-Video: Humboldt State Overview
Getting around: Students can walk almost anywhere in Arcata from the campus. Humboldt State's "Jack Pass" Program allows students unlimited free ride access on local buses during the semesters. Humboldt State also offers discounted round-trip transportation from Arcata directly to San Francisco or Los Angeles for certain breaks during the academic year.
Information for Exchange StudentsCampus Information
- Academic calendar dates: Click here to view the most recent calendar under "Quick Links" or visit the campus website.
- Campus-based fees charged to student: Student ID card of $5.00 is charged. Fees for some courses, depending on the course, may be charged (e.g. lab fees). The majority of lecture courses will not require additional fees. Fee amounts and fees charged are subject to change.
- Campus health insurance charged to student: Estimated cost is $870 per semester. Cost is subject to change.
- Housing: Click here to view campus housing information.
- Transportation: Click here to view information about alternate transportation including the "Jack Pass".
- Minimum English proficiency score requirements: Click here to view.
- Minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) to apply: 2.50 (based on 4.0 scale) or equivalent.
Impacted (Closed) and Restricted (Limited) Subject AreasImpacted (Closed) Subject Areas which are not available to exchange students: Nursing (NRSG); Wildfire (WDLF).
Restricted (Limited) Subject Areas where limited places are available and are highly competitive: Currently there are no restricted areas.
Impacted and restricted subject areas subject to change at any time.