Humboldt State University
Humboldt State University (HSU), located in Arcata, California with a population of 25,000 (including the community and HSU students), is the northernmost CSU campus. As an international student, you can explore this unique and richly diverse area while enjoying life in a vibrant college town located on the northwestern California coast. HSU’s geographical setting, safe campus and academically excellent programs make it one of the most appealing schools in California.
HSU is renowned nationally and internationally for its academic excellence, intensive research and unique programs. With a wide range of undergraduate and graduate programs, HSU offers outstanding natural science and resources programs and excels in the areas of business, humanities and liberal arts. HSU also prides itself in small class sizes, allowing students to receive personalized attention and support.
HSU offers many opportunities to enrich the lives of their students both on and around the campus. Below is a sample of what this campus offers:
- Clubs and Organizations
- Community Involvement
- Outdoor Adventures
- Recreation and Sports
Getting around: Students can walk almost anywhere in Arcata from the campus. HSU's "Jack Pass" Program allows students unlimited free ride access on local buses during the semesters. HSU also offers discounted round-trip transportation from Arcata directly to San Francisco or Los Angeles for certain breaks during the academic year.
Information for Exchange Students
- Location description: Located in Northern California in or near a small town (population 5,000-25,000)
- Campus enrollment: Over 8,000 students
- Minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) to apply: 2.50 (based on 4.0 scale) or equivalent.
- Campus health insurance charged to student: Yes. Estimate cost is $870 per semester. Cost is subject to change.
- Other campus-based fees charged to student: Yes, student ID card of $5.00 is charged. Fees for some courses, depending on the course, may be charged (e.g. lab fees). Fee amounts and fees charged are subject to change.
- Minimum English proficiency score requirements: Click here to view.
- Academic calendar dates: Click here to view the most recent calendar under "CSU Quick Links" or visit the campus website.
Impacted (Closed) and Restricted (Limited) Subject AreasImpacted (Closed) Subject Areas which are not available to exchange students: Nursing (NRSG); Wildfire (WDLF).
Restricted (Limited) Subject Areas where limited places are available and are highly competitive: Currently there are no restricted areas.
Impacted and restricted subject areas subject to change at any time.