California State University, Fullerton
California State University, Fullerton (CSUF) is a major regional university located in north Orange County. Eight colleges offer more than 100 undergraduate and graduate degree programs, including doctorates in education and nursing practice. Impressive campus facilities include the Mihaylo College of Business and Economics, a beautiful 95,000-square-foot Student Recreation Center, one of California's leading university performing arts facilities, well-equipped laboratories and state-of-the-art classrooms, a picturesque 26-acre arboretum and a new residence hall complex that includes a stellar dining facility. CSUF’s location offers the resources of a dynamic, flourishing area that includes Orange County, the Inland Empire and metropolitan Los Angeles.
CSUF offers many opportunities to enrich the lives of their students both on and around the campus. Below is a sample of the campus offers:
- Clubs and Organizations
- Community Involvement
- Sports and Recreation (with aquatics program)
- Student Life and Leadership
Getting around: Students can get around the city from the campus using public transportation. Click here for information about transportation.
Information for Exchange Students
- Location description: Located in Southern California in or near small/medium city (population 75,000-300,000)
- Campus enrollment: Over 40,000 students
- Minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) to apply: 2.00 (based on 4.0 scale) or equivalent.
- Campus health insurance charged to student: Yes. Estimate cost is $782 for the fall semester and $770 for the spring semester. Cost is subject to change.
- Other campus-based fees charged to student: Fees for some courses, depending on the course, may be charged (e.g. lab fees). Fee amounts and fees charged are subject to change.
- Minimum English proficiency score requirements: Click here to view.
- Academic calendar dates: Click here to view the most recent calendar under "CSU Quick Links" or visit the campus website.
Impacted (Closed) and Restricted (Limited) Subject AreasImpacted (Closed) Subject Areas which are not available to exchange students): Education (all areas); Music (MUS); Nursing (clinical courses) (NURS).
Restricted (Limited)Subject Areas where limited places are available and are highly competitive: Arts/Graphic Design (ART); Business Administration (ACCT, BUAD, FIN, MGT, ISDS, MKTG); Cinema and Television Arts (CTVA); Communications (COMM); Computer Science (CPSC); Criminal Justice (CRJU); Engineering (ECS); Nursing (NURS)-Clinical (lecture courses permitted); Political Science (PLSC); Theatre (THTR). Students interested in taking subjects in these areas must plan to take subjects outside of these areas to supplement their studies.
Impacted and restricted subject areas are subject to change at any time.