California State University, Fresno
California State University, Fresno (Fresno State) is located in Central California and has a campus enrollment of over 21,000 students. Fresno State was founded in 1911 and is the premier learning community in California’s vast San Joaquin Valley. For more than 100 years the University has invigorated and strengthened Central California. The institution is within easy driving distance of national parks, the Pacific coast and major cities such as Los Angeles, San Jose and San Francisco. Faculty excellence and dedication ensure that Fresno State remains on the cutting edge of new knowledge; apparent by its nationally and internationally recognized programs. Fresno State graduates are recruited by prestigious employers throughout California, the United States and the World.
Programs in Agricultural Sciences, Biotechnology, Business, Computer Science, Education and Engineering are offered through the university’s eight schools and colleges. Ninety percent of Fresno State's full-time, tenure-track faculty hold doctoral degrees from leading universities. The university also boasts world class facilities including the 365,000-square foot Henry Madden Library, the three-building Science 2 complex and a spacious Student Recreation Center.
Fresno State offers many opportunities to enrich the lives of their students both on and around the campus.
Below are samples of what this campus offers:
- Clubs and Organizations - Service Learning
- Friendship Program - Sports and Recreation (with Aquatic Center)
- Outdoor Adventures
For more information about Fresno State, click on the link below.
- Video: CSU Fresno Overview
Information for Exchange StudentsCampus Information
- Academic calendar dates: Click here to view the most recent calendar under "Quick Links" or visit the campus website.
- Campus-based fees charged to student: Orientation fee of $70. Fees for some courses, depending on the course, may be charged (e.g. lab fees). The majority of lecture courses will not require additional fees. Fee amounts and fees charged are subject to change.
- Campus health insurance charged to student: Estimated cost is $610 for the fall semester and $840 for the spring semester. Cost is subject to change.
- Housing: Click here to view campus housing information.
- Transportation: Click here to view information about sustainable transportation.
- Minimum English proficiency score requirements: Click here to view.
- Minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) to apply: 2.00 (based on 4.0 scale) or equivalent.
Impacted (Closed) and Restricted (Limited) Subject AreasImpacted/Closed Subject Areas which are not available to exchange students: Education (EDU); Nursing (NURS).
Restricted/Limited Subject Areas where limited places are available and are highly competitive: Business (ACCT, BA, BUS, FIN, HRM, IS, MGT, MKTG).
Impacted and restricted subject areas are subject to change at any time.