California State University, Fresno
California State University, Fresno (also known as Fresno State) was founded in 1911 and is the premier learning community in California’s vast San Joaquin Valley. For more than 100 years the University has invigorated and strengthened Central California. The institution is within easy driving distance of national parks, the Pacific coast and major cities such as Los Angeles, San Jose and San Francisco. Faculty excellence and dedication ensure that Fresno State remains on the cutting edge of new knowledge; apparent by its nationally and internationally recognized programs. Fresno State graduates are recruited by prestigious employers throughout California, the United States and the World.
Programs in Agricultural Sciences, Biotechnology, Business, Computer Science, Education and Engineering are offered through the university’s eight schools and colleges. Ninety percent of Fresno State's full-time, tenure-track faculty hold doctoral degrees from leading universities. The university also boasts world class facilities including the 365,000-square foot Henry Madden Library, the three-building Science 2 complex and a spacious Student Recreation Center.
CSU Fresno offers many opportunities to enrich the lives of their students both on and around the campus. Below is a sample of what this campus offers:
- Clubs and Organizations
- Friendship Program
- Outdoor Adventures
- Service Learning
- Sports and Recreation (with Aquatic Center)
For more information about Fresno State, click on the link below.
- Video: CSU Fresno Overview.
Information for Exchange Students
- Location description: Located in Central California in or near a major city (population 300,000 or more)
- Campus enrollment: Over 21,000 students
- Minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) to apply: 2.00 (based on 4.0 scale) or equivalent.
- Campus health insurance charged to student: Yes. Estimate cost is $610 for the fall semester and $840 for the spring semester. Cost is subject to change.
- Other campus-based fees charged to student: Yes, orientation fee of $70. Fees for some courses, depending on the course, may be charged (e.g. lab fees). Fee amounts and fees charged are subject to change.
- Minimum English proficiency score requirements: Click here to view.
- Academic calendar dates: Click here to view the most recent calendar under "CSU Quick Links" or visit the campus website.
Impacted (Closed) and Restricted (Limited) Subject AreasImpacted/Closed Subject Areas which are not available to exchange students: Education (EDU); Nursing (NURS).
Restricted/Limited Subject Areas where limited places are available and are highly competitive: Business (ACCT, BA, BUS, FIN, HRM, IS, MGT, MKTG).
Impacted and restricted subject areas are subject to change at any time.