California State University, East Bay
California State University, East Bay (CSU East Bay) offers excellent educational opportunities in an exciting location at a competitive price. A comprehensive bachelor’s and master’s degree granting institution, CSU East Bay is located in the beautiful and culturally diverse San Francisco Bay Area and offers undergraduate degrees in 51 fields and graduate degrees in 35 areas. Popular programs are biology, communication, computer science, international studies, psychology and sociology.
International Students from more than 80 countries come to the CSU East Bay campus to build the foundation for personal and career success. CSU East Bay programs help students develop important communication and academic skills that lead to exciting career paths.
CSU East Bay offers many opportunities to enrich the lives of their students both on and around the campus. Below is a sample of what this campus offers:
- Clubs and Organizations
- Community Involvement
- Sports and Recreation
Information for Exchange Students
- Location description: Located in Northern California in or near a major city (population 300,000 or more)
- Campus enrollment: Over 13,000 students
- Minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) to apply: 2.00 (based on 4.0 scale) or equivalent.
- Campus health insurance charged to student: Yes. Estimate cost is $800 per semester. Cost is subject to change.
- Other campus-based fees charged to student: Fees for some courses, depending on the course, may be charged (e.g. lab fees). Fee amounts and fees charged are subject to change.
- Minimum English proficiency score requirements: Click here to view.
- Academic calendar dates: Click here to view the most recent calendar under "CSU Quick Links" or visit the campus website.
Impacted (Closed) and Restricted (Limited) Subject AreasImpacted (Closed) Subject Areas which are not available to exchange students: Art/Graphic Design (ART); Dance (DANC); Education (EDUC); Hospitality Management (HOS); Music (MUS); Nursing (NURS); Recreation (REC).
Restricted (Limited) Subject Areas where limited places are available and are highly competitive: Business (ACCT, ENTR, FIN, MGMT, MKTG); Psychology (PSYC); Studio Art (ART).
Impacted and restricted subject areas are subject to change at any time.