California State University, Chico
California State University, Chico (Chico State) is located in Northern California and has a campus enrollment of over 16,000 students. Founded in 1887, Chico State is a comprehensive university located 90 miles north of Sacramento and 174 miles northeast of San Francisco. The campus occupies 119 acres in downtown Chico and features a 1,050–acre research farm and a 2,330-acre ecological reserve, creating a truly exceptional university experience. The faculty to student ratio is 25 to 1 with an average class size of 31. Through excellence in instruction, research, creative activity and public service, Chico State prepares students with the knowledge, attitudes, skills and abilities to succeed in a global society.
Chico State is one of the highest ranked public universities in the West, and remains a national leader in the integration of community service and sustainability in its academic programs. Many of the over 100 undergraduate and graduate degree programs, including business administration, management information systems, psychology, computer science, engineering, mechatronics, education and public administration, are known for their innovation and exceptional quality. The Chico State Computer Science program was one of the first in the CSU to be accredited. Students have won national awards in business, engineering, construction management, mechatronics, journalism, political science and speech.
Chico State offers many opportunities to enrich the lives of their students both on and around the campus.
Below are samples of what this campus offers:
- Clubs and Organizations - Outdoor Adventures
- Community Involvement - Sports and Recreation (with Aquatic Center)
- Global Community
To learn more about Chico State, click on the link below.
-Video: Chico State Overview
Information for Exchange StudentsCampus Information
- Academic calendar dates: Click here to view the most recent calendar under "Quick Links" or visit the campus website.
- Campus-based fees charged to student: Fees for some courses, depending on the course, may be charged (e.g. lab fees).
The majority of lecture courses will not require additional fees. Fee amounts and fees charged are subject to change.
- Campus health insurance charged to student: Estimated cost is $325 per semester (depending on student's age). Cost is subject to change. Campus may accept insurance from host country with documentation if it meets required coverage.
- Housing: Click here to view campus housing information.
- Transportation: Click here to view information about transportation including free access to all city and county buses.
- Minimum English proficiency score requirements: Click here to view.
- Minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) to apply: 2.50 (based on 4.0 scale) or equivalent.
Impacted (Closed) and Restricted (Limited) Subject AreasImpacted (Closed) Subject Areas which are not available to exchange students: Music-Recording Arts (MUSC); Nursing (NURS).
Restricted (Limited) Subject Areas where limited places are available and are highly competitive: Interior Design (IDES).
Impacted and restricted subject areas are subject to change at any time.