California State University, Channel Islands
Campus ProfileCalifornia State University Channel Islands (CSUCI) is located between Santa Barbara and Los Angeles in Camarillo, California, just north of the Santa Monica Mountain range. CSUCI is a student-centered, four-year, public university known for its interdisciplinary, multicultural and international perspectives and its emphasis on experiential and service learning.
At CSUCI, students benefit from individual attention, up-to-date technology and classroom instruction augmented by stellar faculty research. The University promotes partnerships with the community and works to build pathways to college for Ventura County residents. CSUCI is a responsible citizen of the region and actively pursues sustainable and energy-efficient practices. CSUCI's strong academic programs focus on liberal studies, sciences and business.
CSUCI offers many opportunities to enrich the lives of their students both on and around the campus. Below is a sample of the campus offers:
- Clubs and Organizations
- Global Friends Buddy Program
- Off-Campus Fun
- Outdoor Adventures
- Service Learning
- Sports and Recreation
To learn more about CSUCI, click here.
Information for Exchange Students
- Location description: Located in Southern California in or near small/medium city (population 75,000-300,000)
- Campus enrollment: Over 7,000 students
- Minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) to apply: 2.00 (based on 4.0 scale) or equivalent.
- Campus health insurance charged to student: Yes. Estimated cost is $600 per semester. Cost is subject to change. Click here for more information.
- Other campus-based fees charged to student: Fees for some courses depending on the course may be charged (e.g. lab fees). The majority of lecture courses will not require additional fees. Fee amounts and fees charged are subject to change.
- Minimum English proficiency score requirements: Click here to view.
- Academic calendar dates: Click here to view the most recent calendar under "CSU Quick Links" or visit the campus website.
Impacted (Closed) and Restricted (Limited) Subject AreasImpacted (Closed) Subject Areas which are not available to exchange students: Business (BUS, FIN, MGT, MKT); Computer Engineering (COMP); Nursing (NRS).
Restricted (Limited) Subject Areas where limited places are available and are highly competitive: Currently there are no restricted areas.
Impacted and restricted subject areas are subject to change at any time.