California State University, Bakersfield
Campus ProfileCalifornia State University, Bakersfield (CSUB) is a diverse campus, with students, faculty, administration and staff representing a wide cross section of the multicultural experience. CSU Bakersfield is committed to diversity, service to its students and global awareness.
Located on a 375-acre site in metropolitan Bakersfield, CSUB offers over 40 undergraduate programs, and graduate programs ranging from global intelligence and national security to biology, biochemistry, business, economics, music and theater.
The School of Natural Sciences, Mathematics and Engineering is proud to be a vibrant and growing school. Its Computer and Electrical Engineering and Computer Science Department is home to world-class Robotics, and a fascinating variety of high-tech robots. Students’ labs are equipped with the latest image-processing and Artificial Intelligence technology.
CSUB offers many opportunities to enrich the lives of their students both on and around the campus. This campus features a state-of-the-art student recreation center, over 85 student organizations and clubs plus sporting events and on-campus performances. Below is a sample of what this campus offers:
Information for Exchange Students
- Location description: Located in Southern California in or near large town (population 25,000-75,000).
- Campus enrollment: Over 10,000 students.
- Minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) to apply: 2.4 (based on 4.0 scale) or equivalent.
- Campus health insurance charged to student: Yes. Estimated cost is $510 per semester. Cost is subject to change.
- Other campus-based fees charged to student: Fees for some courses, depending on the course, may be charged (e.g. lab fees). Fee amounts and fees charged are subject to change.
- Minimum English proficiency score requirements: Click here to view.
- Academic calendar dates: Click here to view the most recent calendar under "CSU Quick Links" or visit the campus website.
Impacted (Closed) and Restricted (Limited) Subject Areas
Impacted (Closed) Subject Areas which are not available to exchange students: Education (all areas); Nursing (NURS).
Restricted (Limited) Subject Areas where limited places are available and are highly competitive: Currently there are no restricted subject areas.
Impacted and restricted subject areas are subject to change at any time.