The California State University makes every effort to keep student costs to a minimum. Fees listed in published schedules or student accounts may need to be increased when public funding is inadequate. Therefore, CSU must reserve the right, even after fees are initially charged or initial fee payments are made, to increase or modify any listed fees. All listed fees, other than mandatory systemwide fees, are subject to change without notice, until the date when instruction for a particular semester or quarter has begun. All CSU listed fees should be regarded as estimates that are subject to change upon approval by the Board of Trustees, the Chancellor, or the Presidents, as appropriate. Changes in mandatory systemwide fees will be made in accordance with the requirements of the Working Families Student Fee Transparency and Accountability Act (Sections 66028 - 66028.6 of the Education Code).
Withdrawals must be submitted in writing to CSU International Programs. The $500 deposit is non-refundable after June 15 for academic year programs or November 15 for calendar year programs.
If you made payment toward the program costs due to CSU IP but withdrew after the deadline, you will receive a refund of funds not already committed or expended on your behalf. In addition:
- Tuition Fee refunds will be based on the amount paid to CSU IP, the effective withdrawal date and whether or not you receive any course credit for the term at the overseas university.
- No refunds will be made for the IP Study Abroad fee after departure.
- No refunds will be made for health insurance cancellation after departure.
- No refunds will be made for non-participation in group activities.
- Determinations concerning eligibility for refunds and the amount and date of refunds shall be made at the discretion of the Trustees.
- If financial aid was used to pay for your program costs, CSU IP may be required to return a portion or all of the funds disbursed to your account to your home campus financial aid office.
View the CSU International Programs Refund Policy and Guidelines here: IP Refund Policy and Guidelines.