Health and Safety
COVID-19 UPDATE: FALL 2020 PROGRAMS
The coronavirus outbreak throughout the world has raised concerns amongst students, families, staff, and faculty. The safety of our students is our priority and CSU IP has been monitoring the situation surrounding COVID-19 closely.
As we look to Fall 2020, we are assessing the status of each CSU IP program carefully. CSU IP will make decisions regarding the status of our programs in the coming weeks. We are taking the following into account as we analyze each program’s ability to open for the fall term:
- US State Departments Travel Advisories (currently at a level four for all countries)
- CDC Travel Advisories and Warning Levels
- Current Number Cases of COVID-19 in the Host Country
- Program Departure Date
- Availability of Student Visas
CSU IP hopes to our programs in the fall. However, we will only do so if it is safe for our students to travel at that time. That being said, if we are unable to offer a program in the fall term, CSU IP will provide options for our students to study abroad in the future.
At this time, CSU IP has suspended the following programs for Fall 2020:
- South Africa
Further information regarding program suspensions will be posted here as the situation progresses.
Additional information regarding COVID-19 can be found at:
- US State Department https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/traveladvisories.html/
- OSAC https://www.osac.gov/Content/Browse/Report?subCAlerts%2CTravel%20Advisories
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC) https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- World Health Organization (WHO) https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019
COVID-19 UPDATE: FALL 2020 CSU IP PROGRAM SUSPENSION: AUSTRALIA, CHILE, AND SOUTH AFRICA
After careful consideration, CSU IP has made the difficult decision to suspend our Fall 2020 operations in Australia, Chile, and South Africa due to the ongoing challenges caused by COVID-19. Students planning to attend programs with CSU IP in these countries have been offered the opportunity to study abroad with CSU IP for Spring 2021 or a future session.
COVID-19 UPDATE: SPRING 2020 WORLDWIDE CSU IP PROGRAM SUSPENSIONBeginning in February, CSU IP made the difficult decision to begin suspending our Spring 2020 programs due to the spread of COVID-19 worldwide. Students were evacuated from their host countries and required to return to the US or their home country shortly after the program suspension. Below you will find the dates and timeline for each country's suspension and evacuation.
|February 27||South Korea|
|March 12||France, Germany, and Spain|
|March 14||Chile and Sweden|
|March 16||Australia, Canada, Denmark, Israel, Japan, Mexico, South Africa, and Taiwan|