|Program Sponsor:||CSU International Programs|
|Restrictions:||CSU System applicants only|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|GPA Requirement:||3.0 (If you do not meet the GPA requirement, contact CSU IP as you still may be eligible to apply)||Class Standing:||Junior, Senior|
|Language of Instruction:||English||Language Prerequisite:||None|
|Areas of Study:||AACSB Accreditation, AMBA Accreditation, Biology, Business, Communications, Engineering, EQUIS Accreditation, Exercise Science, Kinesiology, Mass Media, Psychology|
CSU IP Australia: Queensland University of Technology
Program At A Glance
Units: Students are required to take the equivalent of 15 CSU units per semester.
Cost: Students pay the same tuition for CSU IP Australia as the tuition paid for their home CSU campus. For more information on costs, including accommodations, travel and other expenses, see the Budget Sheet.
Eligibility Requirements: Minimum 3.0 GPA; Students must be enrolled at a CSU campus no later than fall term prior to departure, or eligible to enter from a community college by spring term of the program start date.
Areas of Study and Course Prerequisites:
- Biology: One year Biology with laboratory; one year Chemistry with laboratory; one year Physics with laboratory; Calculus; Statistics; English Composition. Additional recommended coursework: Upper-division biology and chemistry.
- Business: Triple Crown Accreditation: AACSB, EQUIS, AMBA: Microeconomics; Macroeconomics; Financial Accounting; Business Calculus; English Composition.
- Engineering: Lower-division major requirements in the appropriate field of engineering should be completed.
- Kinesiology and Exercise Science: Courses in "Kinesiology" (QUT does not refer to this program as "Kinesiology", the common name in the USA, yet, courses in "Foundations to Motor Control, Learning and Development" are suggested prerequisites. As is a course in "Biomechanics", "Exercise Physiology", "Human Anatomy" and "Principles of Exercise Programming".
- Media Communication: Four courses in media/communications (such as Speech Communications, Media in a Globalized World, Professional Communication, etc.)
- Psychology: Introduction to Psychology; Research Methods; Statistics. Additional recommended coursework: Laboratory science course in biology or chemistry.
Queensland University of Technology, a university that ranks within the top ten universities in Australia and in the upper 3 percent of universities world-wide opened in 1989, however its origins go back to 1849 with the beginning of technical and teacher education in Queensland. QUT has more than 40,000 students, with 7,000 of those being international students. CSU IP students enroll directly in Queensland University of Technology, studying alongside Australian students and gaining the experience of being fully integrated into life at QUT and in Australia.
Students are required to have a major (or a closely related major) in one of the approved areas of study listed above. Students will need to complete specific major or related courses in order to be prepared for the coursework at QUT. Students should consult the QUT website for specific courses and keep in mind that not all coursework is available to visiting students and that prerequisites may apply. For more information about the academic programs at QUT, students may refer to the Academic Bulletin for the previous year. Note that course offerings are subject to change and may not be offered during the year of intended study.
Please note that the CSU IP program at QUT is based on reciprocal exchange; the number of CSU IP participants accepted into the program is dependent on the ability of QUT to send students to study in the U.S. Students applying to this program should select a second choice program in Australia (or elsewhere) that also offers their area of study, in the event that they are not selected for participation in their first choice. The alternate program(s) should be noted on the “Second Choice Questionnaire,” which can be found in the CSU IP application.
QUT is located in the urban coastal city of Brisbane. As the capital city of the Australian state of Queensland, Brisbane has a population of just over 2 million. The city is built around the Brisbane River, between Moreton Bay and the Great Dividing Range. QUT has three campuses, with CSU IP students typically taking courses on the Gardens Point campus. More information about Brisbane and QUT’s location can be found here .
Students arrange their own housing using information provided by QUT. There are no on-campus accommodations at QUT, therefore most students live in apartments, shared houses or with host families in Brisbane. More information about accommodations near QUT can be found here.