|Program Sponsor:||CSU International Programs|
|Restrictions:||CSU System applicants only|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|GPA Requirement:||3.0 (If you do not meet the GPA requirement, contact CSU IP as you still may be eligible to apply)||Class Standing:||Junior, Senior|
|Language of Instruction:||English||Language Prerequisite:||None|
|Areas of Study:||Art (Studio), Biology, Business, Communications, Engineering, English, Graphic Design, Hospitality Management, Hospitality, Recreation and Tourism, Journalism, Mass Media, Political Science, Psychology|
The application for the 2017 calendar year program will open in late April 2016. Please return to this page at that time to start your application.
CSU IP Australia: Griffith University
Program At A Glance
When: Semester 1 (fall) is mid-February to late June; semester 2 (spring) is early July to late November.
Units: Students are required to take the equivalent of 15 CSU units per semester.
Cost: Students pay the same tuition for CSU IP Australia as the tuition paid for their home CSU campus. For more information on costs, including accommodations, travel and other expenses, see the Budget Sheet.
Eligibility Requirements: Minimum 3.0 GPA; Students must be enrolled at a CSU campus no later than fall term prior to departure, or eligible to enter from a community college by spring term of the program start date.
Areas of Study and Course Prerequisites:
- Biology: One year Biology with laboratory; one year Chemistry with laboratory; one year Physics with laboratory; Calculus; Statistics; English composition. Additional recommended coursework: Upper-division Biology and Chemistry.
- Business: Microeconomics; Macroeconomics; Financial Accounting; Business Calculus; English Composition.
- Communication & Public Relations: Foundation course in communications, Introduction to Marketing, 2-3 additional media/communication courses
- Engineering: Lower-division major requirements in the appropriate field of engineering should be completed.
- Graphic Design
- Hospitality & Tourism: Introduction to Hospitality Industry (or any course in hospitality industry); Financial Accounting; Business Statistics. Additional recommended coursework: Sociology; Business Management; Marketing; Sanitation Practices; Managerial Accounting.
- Political Science: Introduction to Political Science; Comparative/World Politics or International Relations. Additional recommended coursework: Upper-division coursework in political science, history, economics, or sociology.
- Psychology: Introduction to Psychology; Research Methods; Statistics. Additional recommended coursework: Laboratory science course in Biology or Chemistry.
- Studio Art: Introduction to Painting; Introduction to Drawing; one course in Art History. Additional recommended coursework: Life Drawing; additional coursework in art history; additional course work in fine arts (Life Drawing, Jewelry Making, Sculpture, etc.)
CSU IP is affiliated with Griffith University, one of the newest universities in Queensland. Opening in 1971, today Griffith has over 30,000 students, including 5,500 international students. Griffith offers more than 140 undergraduate programs on five campuses from Brisbane to the Gold Coast. CSU IP students typically study at Griffith’s Nathan, Gold Coast or South Bank campuses, depending on their area of study. CSU IP students enroll directly in Griffith University, studying alongside Australian students and gaining the experience of being fully integrated into life at Griffith and in Australia.
Students are required to have a major (or a closely related major) in one of the approved areas of study listed above. Students will need to complete specific major or related courses in order to be prepared for the coursework at Griffith. Students should consult the Griffith University website for specific courses and keep in mind that not all coursework is available to visiting students and that prerequisites may apply. For more information about the academic programs at Griffith University, and the areas of study offered on each campus, students may refer to the CSU IP Academic Bulletin for the previous year. Note that course offerings are subject to change and may not be offered during the year of intended study.
Please note that the CSU IP program at Griffith University is based on reciprocal exchange; the number of CSU IP participants accepted into the program is dependent on the ability of Griffith University to send students to study in the U.S. Students applying to this program should select a second choice program in Australia (or elsewhere) that also offers their area of study, in the event that they are not selected for participation in their first choice. The alternate program(s) should be noted on the “Second Choice Questionnaire” which can be found in the CSU IP application.
Griffith University is spread over five campuses between Brisbane and the Gold Coast in south-east Queensland. CSU IP students typically study at the Nathan, Gold Coast or South Bank campuses depending on their area of study. For more information about each of Griffith’s campuses and an interactive map, visit the Griffith Campus Information page.
Students arrange their own housing using information provided by Griffith University. Some students secure housing before departure, choosing to live in on-campus residential colleges (dormitories), while others prefer to arrive early, stay in a hostel/hotel and look for off-campus housing (typically in shared apartments). Upon acceptance, Griffith will provide students with information about on-campus options, as well as how to find off-campus accommodations.